Written and compiled by Fred Jaicks.
The changing patterns of weather elements are great subjects for photography because they reveal the splendor of nature in a most unpredictable way. Extreme weather conditions provide the best settings for weather photography, but it can be dangerous for photographers who have to brave the storms and other natural hazards to capture images of nature in its grandest form. Still, many photographers find the risk worth taking, and this is quite understandable when people get the chance to see their awe-inspiring work.
Here is a list of websites that offer some of the most fascinating photographs of different weather elements:
- Atmospheric Optics: Links to sites on water, ice, clouds and weather.
- Extra Help: Cloud ingredients and the precipitation they can create.
- Cloud Gallery: Photos of different types of clouds and other weather elements.
- Cloud Photos: A list of cloud images with descriptions.
- Astrophotographers: Links to sites about the sky, especially weather and space.
- Hills Rain: Links to prove that weather is more than just an idle conversation piece.
- Lightning Photography: A website that is dedicated to lightning photography.
- Images of Lightning: Photos of lightning in different settings, with description for each image.
- Lightning Photo Album: A list of electrifying photos of lightning.
- Overseas Weather Sites: Weather resources from across the internet.
- Images of Storm Damage: Photos of damage done by specific storms.
- Night Sky Hunter: Astronomy and weather links to check out.
- Storm Photo Gallery: A large collection of storm photos.
- Storm Damage Photos: Lots of images of storm damage.
- Flood Photo Gallery: Photos of floods in different parts of the US.
- Historic Flood Photos: A collection of images of some of the major floods that took place in the past.
- Tornado Gallery: A wonderful collection of tornado photos.
- Pictures of Tornadoes: Photos of different types of tornadoes, ranging from cones to elephant trunks.
- Photo Gallery of Tornado Damage: Pictures of tornado damage in the US.
- Tsunami Pictures: A list of photos that show the destructive power of tsunamis.
- Photos of Tsunami: Photos of the tsunami disaster that took place in Hilo, Hawaii in 1946.
- Articles & Photographs: Weather and climatology resources from the University of Chicago library.
- Hail Storm Gallery: Pictures of different types of hail storms in the US.
- Photos of Hail and Hail Damage: A collection of photos that show different sizes of hail and hail damage.
- Umbrella Safety: The right umbrella canvas can even protect against hail.
- Internet Resources: Climate and weather resources from the University of Buffalo.
- Snow Photos: Photos of blizzards, snow phenomena, and others.
- Snow Crystal Gallery: Pictures of snowflakes and snow crystals.
- Snow-Ice Album: Photo album with images of snow and ice.